When you’ve got a baby on the way, you probably have a million questions. It’s only natural to jump on the internet and do a little (or a lot of) research. When it comes to breastfeeding, you can find plenty of different information out there, so who should you trust? Here at Milk N Mamas Baby, we think it’s important for moms to get good information about breastfeeding; that’s why today, we’d like to share some facts straight from the American Academy of Pediatrics about the top reasons why breastfeeding is good for babies.
- Babies who are breastfed for at least 6 months are less likely to be overweight and have a reduced risk for childhood obesity.
- A 40% reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes mellitus has been reported in those who were breastfed as babies.
- Breastfeeding imparts a long-term positive effect on weight control and feeding self-regulation which is carried into adulthood.
In addition, The University of South Carolina reports the following benefits to breastfeeding:
- Breast milk is more easily digestible for babies than formula.
- Breastfeeding reduces the mother’s risk of developing breast cancer.
- Breastfeeding helps develop and strengthen a baby’s immune system and can reduce a baby’s risk of developing allergies later in life.
- Mother and baby are able to bond more effectively during breastfeeding, and it improves the mother’s self-confidence.
- Nursing helps mom lose weight after pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding costs less than buying formula.
- Drinking breast milk can help a baby sleep better (which means more sleep for mom as well).
- Breastfeeding aids in proper development of a baby’s gastrointestinal tract and may make them less likely to develop intestinal disorders like Ulcerative Colitis.
Of course, these are just a few of the many benefits of breastfeeding, so if you’d like to know more, be sure to talk to your doctor about whether or not breastfeeding is right for you and your baby. And if you’re in need of breastfeeding supplies like a hands free breast pump, take a look at the tabs on our page which contain information about our stock of baby breast pumps, respiratory devices, and more. You can even order a breast pump online and in most cases, totally free of charge, through your health insurance.
At Milk N Mamas Baby, we carry all the latest breast pumps, including the Medela and Spectra lines of breast pumps. These pumps are engineered with lots of mom-friendly features that will make your breastfeeding journey easier and more comfortable for you. They’re also portable, light weight, and can be powered with adaptive batteries, internal batteries, AC adapter, or even the optional car adapter, which is perfect for busy moms on the go. If you’d like to be hands free when pumping we have plenty of options for you! Why wait, head over to our convenient insurance signup form and begin your order process today. We are here to streamline the entire order process for you! We confirm your insurance coverage, assist you in obtaining a prescription from your healthcare provider and make sure you get your insurance covered breast pump prior to the arrival of your new baby.